First of all, I have to thank my wonderful husband for that beautiful Mother's Day post. He knows me so well, and gave me the perfect gift. He also worked with the boys to make me my first real Mother's Day cards from them. They presented them to me while saying "Happy Mother's Day!" That is just one of those moments you dream about. I'm so, so lucky.
Now, the entertaining stuff. As I wrote a few posts ago, the boys are really into their letter sounds. Throughout the day we are discussing which letter certain words start with. They are getting really good at it, and Lucas is adorable, as he names a letter ("S"), makes the sound numerous times ("sssss", "sssss", "sssss") and then comes up with a word ("Summer!", as in Aunt Summer).
My favorite moments are the ones where their answers have been rather creative. When asked, "What is a word that starts with 'I'?" Ethan answered "Eyepatch!" Good thinking.
When asked for a word that started with "T", Lucas answered "strawberry!" You would think this was incorrect until you heard how he says it: "tawberry!" Nicely done.
Today Lucas saw a picture of a Lollypop and said "Yoyipop starts with Y!!" Why, yes it does.
Is it wrong to hope they never really learn how words are spelled because they are just so cute this way?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment