Thursday, November 29, 2007

Turkey Day 2007

A great time was had by all, if we do say so ourselves, this Thanksgiving. Noah and I were happy to host my family, which is made up of Ga-ga, Pop-pop, Uncle Tim, Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Summer. We were also fortunate to spend the day with Summer's mother and grandfather. This crowd kept the boys entertained all day while Noah and I cooked. Actually the day began with what has been a tradition in my family since I was little - the watching of the Macy's parade.

These days NBC shows performances from current Broadway musicals prior to the actual beginning of the parade. Lucas couldn't have cared less, but Ethan was entranced by the musical numbers. He watched every performance, from such quality shows as Legally Blonde: The Musical (I'm not kidding) to Young Frankenstein, transfixed by the singing and dancing. Every time a number would end, he would yell "More! Singing! More!" It was a riot. I've been saying for a long time that this little guy was born to perform - maybe we've seen a glimpse of his future.



When family arrived, the boys happily served the cheese and crackers. They were very conscientious - being sure to taste each cracker before giving it to a guest.



Much of the afternoon was spent reading with Uncles:






In the evening the boys were treated to their first fire. After explaining the danger of fire, the boys were enthralled and stared at the dancing flames chanting "Hot fire...hot fire" with great intensity.



After the little guys called it a day, the rest of us took part in a game of Balderdash where we learned the official term for the backdoor of an igloo. I can't tell you how many embarrassing moments could have been avoided had I known that word.

The next day was spent getting even more cuddles with Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Jen, Uncle Matthew, and cousins Joey and Katie. How lucky can we be!



It is hard to even put into words how much we have to be thankful for this year. I used to be so grateful each year that my five family members made it to another Thanksgiving table altogether. I don't think I ever imagined a time when we would not only all be together, but would be joined by amazing new family members who have enriched our lives so much. Spouses and children have brought even more love and laughter to our table and for this we are so very thankful.

No comments: