It is Daddy who creates The Human Steamroller in the livingroom.
It is Daddy who teaches his sons how to eat a piece of pizza on their own.
It is Daddy who comes home early on Halloween to join in on trick or treating.
It is Daddy who makes up games like "Pepper, Hot Sauce, Eggs" and "Mr. Spazmo" which get many more laughs than Mommy's games of "Clean Up" and "Let's Take a Bath!"
It is Daddy who wears the cowboy hat and dances around the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn House shaking a maraca while the boys fall down laughing. (The camera always runs out of batteries at the most inopportune moments!)
It is Daddy who loves playing with his boys so much that he doesn't even notice when Mommy takes an extra-extra-extra long shower on a Sunday morning.
It is Daddy who EVERY DAY pulls out of the garage and flashes the lights, honks the horn, turns on the wipers and stands up through the sunroof to wave goodbye to his boys who watch and wave from the window.
It is Daddy who leaves for work each day as late as he can and comes home as early as possible.
It is Daddy who warned us each time he ran the coffee grinder, garbage disposal, and trash compactor because he knew it can startle the boys and make them cry. Later it was Daddy who taught us to call each of these appliances "The Smasher" and made it into a fun game, leaving the boys to shout "Again, again!" each time they run.
It is Daddy who stayed up just as often as Mommy when the boys were newborns and walked the stroller around the living room on colicky nights to help them get to sleep.
And it is Daddy who puts the boys to sleep each night and then tells me "Our guys are the GREATEST" as if it is a new discovery that warms his heart and excites him - and in truth, each day does bring us new reasons to be amazed by our kids, and they are so lucky to have a Daddy who recognizes that.
I could go on and on, and the list will keep growing and growing, but I wanted to take a moment to let Daddy know that he is very appreciated and loved. From day one to today, all he has done and all that he is makes our lives so very wonderful.
4 comments:
That was beautiful, and I cried a little. Thank you for sharing!
I really loved the last two blogs. It says a lot about what makes a family work. And Mommy is a great Mommy too!
In the steamroller pix I am having a hard time tho figuring out how all the arms and legs get where they are-is anyone under Noah by any chance- are you missing anyone in the family? Love, GAGA aka Grammy Golden
Why am I anonymous-I can't figure out this technology stuff
Ah, yes! I taught him well!
Post a Comment