Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mommy...tired...see

Forgive me for letting the blog slide for two whole weeks! Now don't go thinking that nothing of note has been happening here during that time. On the contrary, my absence from the blog can be explained in one word: exhaustion! These boys are wearing me out. I mean that in the best way. Nevertheless, after spending a day with them, I have been unable to do more than simply sit on the couch in a stupor, exerting only enough brain power to get through an episode of America's Next Top Model. It doesn't take a lot.

Why so tired? Several reasons. First and foremost, Lucas is apparently sympathizing with both the Broadway stagehands and the Writers Guild by staging a nap strike. Apparently up to this point his naps have been under-appreciated and under-compensated. Until we reach some sort of resolution, he is fighting the nap going down and he is waking up all too soon. This means that I have had very little time to recoup from a busy morning before we start our busy afternoon. Nevertheless, I have had a great time playing with him one-on-one while Ethan sleeps for a couple of hours. It really is rare to have quality time alone with one twin, so I have really enjoyed it.

The second reason I'm tired is that I am in a constant state of conversation throughout the day. Toddler conversation, that is. It is thrilling to have the boys speaking so much and conversing with me. I absolutely love it. However, it can be a little brain numbing. We talk a lot about cars. Are you aware that Daddy drives a car to the office? Lucas and I discuss that fact, and all the fun things Daddy gets to do in his car, several hundred times a day. Daddy goes beep beep, the wipers go swish swish, the wheels go round and round. All day. Every day. Ethan likes to ask to "see" and "touch" everything. Mommy's water glass: "see, see...touch, touch...hold, hold." Mommy's sunglassess: "E-ten...hold...look, look..glasses...hold." The U.S. flag right next to the storyteller at story hour: "F-lag...touch...loooooook." You get the idea. Again, it is so awesome that they communicate so well, but it takes a lot of energy to keep up the sparkling conversation.

So you will have to forgive me if my exhaustion gets the better of me and I am slow to blog. I'm sure my mind and body will adjust soon, giving me the energy I need to keep up with these characters. If not, there is always a venti coffee at Starbucks with my name on it.

1 comment:

Erin Cronican said...

Mmm... Starbucks...
Mmm... America's Next Top Model...
Mmm... Mommy blog...

So glad to hear from you! =)