Friday, October 5, 2007

Tough Parenting Decisions

I just had to document the conversation Noah and I had a few minutes ago. I was sharing with Noah the difficulty of choosing a Halloween costume for Ethan. I had thought of a train conductor a few weeks ago, but recently thought maybe a biker would be more appropriate. Noah said that the train conductor was the better idea. I explained that Ethan seemed to be less interested in trains and more interested in motorcycles lately. Noah didn't see the point. I further explained that as parents of nineteen month olds, our Halloween responsibility is to find a costume that best represents what they love most. Noah's response was "Then he should go as oatmeal." It is true, there is nothing he seems to love more than oatmeal.

I wonder if "Oatmeal Halloween" or "Oatmeal costume" will be a more successful internet search?

No comments: