Thursday, October 18, 2007

High Fashion

Today Ethan wore a belt. This is not a common occurrence in our house, as it is tough enough to change a ton of diapers each day without having to mess with accessories. However, Mommy is a little behind in laundry and we haven't quite grown into all of our 18 month pants yet. Hence the belt. Being a new item, it quickly became a coveted item. Lucas cursed his well-fitting pants and Ethan flaunted his item du jour (yes, I watch Project Runway reruns while they nap). For naptime, I removed the belt, opting for comfort over style.

When naptime was over, I entered the room and noticed Ethan standing in the crib with his pants conspicuously absent. I asked him if he wanted me to put his pants back on and he emphatically said "No!" When I took him out of the crib, however, he headed straight for the belt. He picked it up and cried "Belt!" I asked him if he wanted to wear his belt, and he replied just as emphatically "Yes!" Thus, a new look was born:



Although he was sad at the beginning of the day not to have a belt, I think Lucas realized he would be spending the afternoon as the more dignified twin:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pants are so passe.