Noah and I do a great job of interpreting most of the "words" the boys use. They speak more clearly than I would have thought at this age, but we certainly have some head-scratchers.
Our first mystery was something Ethan said for about a week before we figured it out. Our best guesses were "hot towel" or "high tower". Neither of these phrases come up often in conversation with the boys, so we figured we still had some investigating to do. Our usual detective work requires that we first try to repeat the word back to them to see if they make any eye-opening corrections in our pronunciation. If no new evidence is obtained, we move on to questioning. "Can you show Mommy the, um, 'hot tower'?" "Where is the 'high towel'?" "Do you eat it?" "Can you plug it in?" "Animal, vegetable or mineral?"
Despite our best efforts, we couldn't unravel the mystery. That is, until Daddy came home one day with a new toy for himself. I guess there is a new hobby among Noah's friends and Noah bought himself the necessary object. As soon as Ethan saw it, he cried "HOT TOWEL!" This stopped Noah and I dead in our tracks and we both turned to see the toy "helicopter" that was the object of Ethan's excitement. Case closed.
This leaves us with our next mystery, which I'll call Unsolved Mystery #1, since we already solved the other one. I guess when we solve this one, it won't be unsolved anymore either. Hmmm. Anyway, both Lucas and Ethan have been saying something like "Sha-dee" (rhymes with caddy) quite frequently. I thought it might be their friend Sadie's name, but that sounds different when they say it. We are stumped. Last time we heard it, they were both in the bath. That is all we have to go on.
We'll let you know more when we do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm not sure what to think about your boys talking about Sadie in the bath :)
Let's see...maybe it's shampoo? We play the same guessing game around here too. Good luck!
Jen
Post a Comment