You were introduced to his "Abba" in earlier posts - it is a blue shirt of mine that I used to give him literally off my back when he had trouble sleeping. At first it smelled like me, which apparently was comforting, and then it took on a life of it's own. Noah and I called it "shirt", but Lucas settled on "Abba" for a name.
It has been great to see Lucas self-soothe so successfully with the help of his pal. However, things are getting a little bit difficult with Abba. Lucas has let us know that Abba would like to join him in the bath each night. Don't get me wrong, Abba could use a good bath, but getting it soaking wet half an hour before he cuddles up to it at bedtime is not a good plan. Abba is apparently rather persistent and Lucas is totally sold on the idea. So much so that we have to go through an extensive ritual for leaving Abba on the counter (where it can watch) while Lucas comes in the bath.
How can a shirt "watch" bath, you ask? A shirt doesn't have eyes! Au contraire! Lucas has in fact pointed out Abba's eyes and nose to me. Lucky for me the thing doesn't have a mouth yet, but I swear I can feel it watching me.
Most recently Lucas refused to go into the petting zoo without Abba. Mommy said no, being that the petting zoo is full of dirt and goat poop. Lucas and Abba teamed up on me, however, and while Ethan tripped and fell into a pile of goat droppings, they snuck by me. Note Abba's presence in the cute pictures taken by Linus and Sadie's mom. You win this time Abba!

1 comment:
I asked to see Abba and Lucas very nicely held it (him?) out to me, then pulled it (her?) back quickly when I reached for it. As he did so, he had a devilish little smile as if to say, "I don't think so." Since he had already shown me Abba's eyes and nose, I could see where the mouth would be. Maybe it was just a trick of the imagination, but for a split second, I thought Abba also had a devilish smile.
Post a Comment