Saturday, May 26, 2007

Look Who's Talking!

We have language! It's not yet terribly useful, but it's pretty darn cute to see your child running around saying "ham" throughout the day. Our vocabulary is limited but growing each day. We've had "mama" and "dada" going on for quite a while, but now they definitely use it more often to actually refer to one of us. Both Ethan and Lucas said "ball" as their first word. They also say "bath", which sounds a lot like "ball", so context is quite important. Lucas says "water", although you wouldn't know it unless you were his mother. Ethan loves to say "baby", especially to refer to the doll I bought them (I'll write about that soon). There are a host of similar sounding "D" words, including "duck", "dog" and "truck". I'm well aware that "truck" does not begin with "d", but Ethan yells out "duk" every time he sees a truck, and you just can't correct him when he speaks with such conviction.

FYI, I've posted the Spring 2007 collection of photos, so check them out. They are at noahheldman.smugmug.com and the password is lucasethan3306.

No comments: