Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Heaven

Our boys have always been very active. They are constantly playing, moving and exploring. Downtime has never really been on the agenda. Lately, however, they seem to have reached a stage where they appreciate some time spent on Mommy's lap or sitting in their Elmo chair just relaxing. Today Lucas woke from his nap before Ethan did. I laid him down on my bed next to me and he snuggled himself close against me. We watched the ceiling fan together in quiet bliss, occasionally exchanging smiles. He was still as I stroked his little arm, and he breathed calmly and deeply as he rested his head on my shoulder. This wasn't a baby that I brought into my arms to soothe, this was a little boy wanting to be close to his Mommy and just basking in being loved. It was truly heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!