It is getting to be a tight fit in our infant/toddler tubs these days. I've done my best to avoid the real bathtub up until now. There is so much to fear - the boys slipping in the tub, trying to stand/walk in the tub, the strain on my back leaning over the tub, the fighting over toys in the tub. Not to mention sharing MY tub, my special retreat for those relaxing Calgon moments, with two little guys who have no problem peeing in my special place.
But alas, the time had come. I focused on making sure bathtime in the big tub was as inviting and fun as possible. I purchased several bath toys, including a set of bath letters that stick to the wall with what Noah swears must be magic. For the introductory bath, I filled it with toys and bubbles and prayed that we wouldn't have a meltdown. Let me say that I have heard many stories from my Mommy friends about rough transitions from baby tubs to the big tub, so I was anxious about my boys' reaction. I was thrilled to find that both boys loved their new tub and the veritable Disneyland I had created within it! I breathed a sigh of relief, which I quickly drew back as Ethan decided to stand up and walk over to the other side of the tub. Noah and Lucas did great, but I spent all of bathtime reintroducing Ethan to the concept of sitting.
Nevertheless, as the bath approached its end, I felt very happy about the fact that I had created an enjoyable environment for the boys. I had successfully avoided bath transition meltdowns! Just as I was busy congratulating myself, lifting Ethan out of the tub, my little guy realized this enjoyable experience was over. Thus, the AFTER bath meltdown was born. Lucas followed suit and we have struggled to get them ready for bed through the screaming each night since. SO glad they love their bath. ;)
Sunday, May 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment