Its been a while since I posted, so I'll get everyone up to date. We had a fabulous Mother's Day. The boys gave me a beautiful card, Daddy gave me a gift certificate for a Spa Day (woo hoo!) and we spent a great afternoon at La Jolla Shores.
The boys got their first haircuts at "Little Locks" in La Jolla. It's a toy store/children's salon. The babies get to sit in a Jeep while the very patient and agile stylist tries to get her work done. They even have cartoons running on flatscreen TVs at every station. Despite this array of distrations, Lucas was painfully aware of the woman who was trying to stealthily trim his hair. No Jeep and no cartoons were worth this tortue, he decided, and consequently tried several methods of egress. I held him in the Jeep as long as I could, and he did manage to get a haircut. Ethan was clearly irritated by the woman who kept fussing with his hair while he was busy driving the Jeep, but he generally kept his cool. Our boys looked sharp and were given certificates commemorating this rite of passage, which they promptly tried to eat.
The following week was spent with the boys passing a virus between them, competing for who had the highest fever and who could worry Mommy most. But I think we've turned the corner, and hope to have fun at the park with our twin friends tomorrow.
On an anatomical note, we found our "pee-pees" tonight in the bath. The boys have certainly grabbed at themselves before, but there was a new awareness tonight. It began when Lucas interacted with it for the first time. He poked it and laughed. The more he poked at it, the funnier it became. He tried out his new "knock-knock" move on it, and Noah explained that we want to be gentle with our pee-pees and not knock on them too hard. I think it actually causes Noah discomfort to see any pee-pee being knocked upon. Ethan saw all this going on and checked himself out as well. Lo and behold, he had a pee-pee too! Clearly the only thing to do was to knock on it. So I just sat back as my sons punched themselves in the pee-pees and my husband winced and groaned. Its definitely Daddy territory to teach his sons about their pee-pees, so I just sat back and smiled. Its pretty cool to be reminded that Noah is the one who will teach them about being boys, and about being men. It is something that I cannot do for them, and I'm so glad that they have such a wonderful Daddy to teach them important lessons like "no knock knock on pee pee."
No comments:
Post a Comment