Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Great Escape

Well, it took us a year, but Noah and I finally managed our first overnight away from the boys. Honestly, I was hesitant, but knew that it was about time we spent more than a couple of hours alone together. I knew that if I became really homesick, I could ask Noah to rub oatmeal in his hair and cry when his food wasn't served quickly enough. As it so happens, I wasn't homesick at all. Something about the constant flow of margaritas poolside was very comforting. We only talked about the kids 20% of the time. The other 80% of the time we were sleeping. Seriously though, it was the first time in a year that I looked at the clock when I woke up and was able to go back to sleep. It was heaven!

When we returned home, Ethan didn't seem to care much, but Lucas was clearly confused. I picked him up and he looked at me strangely, waving "bye-bye" to me and all the doors in the house. I can't even imagine all the synapses that were firing at that moment - I expected smoke to come out of his ears. However, we were all soon back to normal, kids running naked through the house while Noah cringed, hoping no one would pee on the walls tonight. Ahhh, home sweet home.

No comments: