Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Empty Threats

I don’t know how it happened.  I certainly have not modeled this behavior, but somehow Ethan has developed a little potty mouth.  So far it is limited  to when he is angry, and it is pretty cute, actually.  It will unfold like this:

Ethan, don’t take Lukey’s car, please.

I WILL!

Ethan, if you don’t give Lucas the car back, you’ll have to take a break with me on the couch.

No – I’ll poop on you!

What?!

If I come on the couch I’ll throw up on you!

Interesting, but not effective.  I am well aware of his inability to make himself poop or vomit on command, so I am not afraid. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I'm sure it's not funny when it's happening to you, but as an outsider it's hilarious :)

Anonymous said...

Besides, I'm sure he's already pooped and vomited on your more times than you can count, which kind of lessens the impact.