Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Blankie and the Owie: A Play in One Act

The Blankie and the Owie
by
Lucas and Ethan Heldman

FADE IN:

    INT. TWINS' BEDROOM    NIGHT-NIGHT TIME

    The twins have just been put to bed, and Lucas is
    suddenly struck with a brilliant thought...



LUCAS
                    I have an idea!

ETHAN
                    What's your idea, Lukey?

LUCAS
                    I make my owie back.

ETHAN
                    There it is!

LUCAS
                    I closed the blankie up.

ETHAN
                    I closed my blankie up too.

LUCAS
                    ...someone on there...this is his
                    friend. What's his name? (laughs)

        (long pause)

ETHAN
                    I DON'T KNOW!

fin
---

Yes, this was an actual conversation, and the kind of talk we are hearing fairly often these days. I think if I string enough of these improvisations together, I might have a whole play!

The only problem is that it would be so nonsensical, it would even confuse James Joyce.

1 comment:

Grandma Pat said...

Delightful!

The terrifying thing is that it almost made sense to me. Give me another year...