Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Spoke Too Soon...

Just as I was lamenting our lack of interest in artistic pursuits, I introduced what officially became our first successful art project!

Apparently, the boys have been waiting all their lives for stamp pads and stamps. Lucas was really excited how the animals appeared in perfect form on his paper. Maybe that has been his hang up - that what we create doesn't look real enough. He does like things to look complete and as he expects. My little perfectionist. This seemed to satisfy him.













Ethan was just excited to get his hands full of ink and make handprints on the paper. Pressing down on something wet, getting his hands/face/hair messy, and smacking paper are definitely his kind of artistic activities.














Luckily I had the foresight to purchase washable ink pads. So, aside from the fact that it looked like a Smurf was gored at our kitchen table, we emerged unscathed from our artistic catharsis. Yay!

No comments: