Wonder of wonder, miracles of miracles!!
The boys became polite this week. I can't believe how it just happened all of a sudden. They say please, thank you, you're welcome, sorry and excuse me - all unprompted. I nearly had a stroke the first time I handed Lucas a cup of milk and he said "Thank you Mommy." Later the same day, Ethan accidentally bumped into Lucas and said "Sorry, Lukey." It has been nonstop since then. It is really the strangest thing to have these two boys, who have spent a lifetime demanding everything (which is of course natural for infants and toddlers), suddenly appear as thoughtful, gracious people.
The coolest thing is that the politeness isn't just happening inside the house. Today we rode the train at the mall, and as the lady fastened Lukey's seatbelt, he said "Thank you" and flashed a super smile. I almost fell out of the train.
Thank YOU boys, for making me so proud!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment