Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Farewell Friends

This week we said goodbye to our friends Linus and Sadie. We first met them when they were 10 months old, and Lucas and Ethan were only 4 months old. Since then, we've enjoyed many playgroups, picnics, classes, and outings together. The boys often ask if we'll be seeing Linus and Sadie when we head out for our activities each day. In fact, one of our favorite photo ops is our frequent lunching with the Mitchells:







I've really enjoyed getting to know their mom Jen as well. It has been an invaluable experience having a friend with twins just six months older than mine. I've seen what lies ahead, and observed how Jen always deals with the chaos with patience and a great attitude (you're laughing right now, aren't you Jen). It often seems like our kids are cut from the same cloth - a cloth that enjoys trashing their rooms when it is supposed to be naptime. We've had a lot of fun together, sharing stories and trotting our kids around the San Diego sights. I'll definitely miss her company.

We said farewell at their house this week, and although the boys surely didn't get what was going on, they were happy to give some goodbye hugs to their friends.






And, of course, a last look at one of our favorite things: "Miss Jen's Toyota"




Good luck in Chicago - we'll miss you all!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ha! The Toyota beat out the moving van? I don't believe it :)

We are going to certainly miss you guys too. Sadie and Linus have talked about Ethan and Lucas a lot on our trip. I don't think they understand that Chicago isn't San Diego, and they are going to be really sad when they realize they won't be seeing their friends all the time. Hanging out with you guys has been so much fun, and I have loved watching Ethan and Lucas grow into fun-loving, car-obsessed boys :) We are really going to miss you guys!