I often see many of my own personality traits reflected in the boys: intensity, energy, overly dramatic responses to everyday occurrences. Recently, I’ve noticed a few of Noah’s traits showing up as well.
First, the boys recently made the switch from diapers to underwear. It was only then that I truly realized that both of them share their father’s physique, which is on the tall, lean, no-hips side. This is apparent from the fact that their pants are now constantly falling down. Without the padding of the diaper to keep the pants up over their cute, albeit non-existent butts, they are now presenting as little gangsta boys with pants hanging down below their underwear. Or the underwear goes with them, resulting in something beyond even plumber’s butt. I can’t buy smaller size pants, because they are also rather tall like their father. Belts are not really practical while potty training either. So, we’ll just stick to mooning people throughout our day.
Second, the boys have demonstrated that they have the mathematical/musical mind of their father as well. They LOVE to count things, which is probably pretty normal. What surprised me was that they are now enjoying doing simple addition and subtraction with their fingers. And this morning Lucas floored me by sharing this:
Ethan has four sausages on his plate. He eats that one (pointing to one) and then he has three. He eats that one (pointing to another one) and he has two. He eats that one and he has one. He eats that one and then he has zero. And zero means nothing!
This is obviously his father’s brain at work, since that pretty much reflects the extent of my current math abilities, and he is mastering it at age two.
2 comments:
Woah woah woah, slow down. If he has 3 sausages and eats 1 that leaves how many?
Ughh I hate math!
One question: Do they do tax returns?
Post a Comment