Monday, March 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Boys!

Today is Lucas and Ethan's second birthday! After several weeks of runny noses, coughs and fever, culminating in two ear infections (Ethan) and pneumonia (Lucas), they mercifully began their new year in good health. Whew!

We celebrated a little bit yesterday, opening presents from Mommy and Daddy and GaGa and Pop-Pop. Our big celebration with family and twin friends is next weekend at the park. However, Mommy cannot let a special occasion go by without some sugar, so we indulged in some cupcakes!





Opening presents was fun. They first opened up some new cars, which completely satisfied Lucas, as he left the room immediately to go play with them.



Ethan stuck around for several of the other gifts and exclaimed, "Oh my gosh!" each time a new gift was revealed.



It took much cajoling, but we finally convinced Lucas to join us outside as GaGa and Pop-Pop revealed their presents for the boys - Lukey and Ethan-sized cars!



Lucas immediately went for the truck and refused to get out. He drove it carefully and thoughtfully, and loved every minute of it. I figured I'd be hauling this thing up to his room, as I was sure he would insist on sleeping in it.



Ethan enjoyed his car very much as well, but also enjoyed the water fountain, parked cars, leaves, people, dogs, garage doors and steps that he encountered.



It was such a perfect day - a great illustration of how these two boys, who share a birthday and so much more, are such individuals. It thrills me to no end to watch each of them experience life in their own way. Lucas with his intensity and focus; Ethan with his energy and curiosity.

I am so, so blessed to have these two different, but equally fantastic, TWO year olds in my life!



Happy Birthday to my babies - I love you SO MUCH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will send Lucas a My First Gunrack (TM) for the back of his pickup and Ethan an AAA membership, since it looks like he had to push the police car home.