Friday, August 24, 2007
Outside
Lucas has been enjoying playing outside on our patio quite a bit lately. There are many toys with wheels out there, and that makes him very, very happy. When we are in the kitchen eating or playing, he will often wistfully gaze out the glass door and just repeat "outside," "outside'" over and over. Yesterday he took matters into his own hands. I had just liberated him from his highchair after lunch. Ethan was still eating and Lucas began to play nicely on the kitchen floor. In this moment of peacefulness, I decided to rinse some dishes. The background noise created a pleasant soundtrack as I worked...birds chirping, cars in the distance, lawnmowers hard at work, Lucy's dog dog door opening and closing, Lucas squealing and laughing. I stopped. The last sound wasn't quite right. Lucas sounded a little too far away to be in the kitchen. I quickly put it together...Lucy's dog door, Lucas laughing. Indeed, as I peered out the glass door in the kitchen, I saw Lucas proudly and excitedly dancing around the patio.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment