We are enjoying the quirky little things the boys are doing now that they have acquired more language and quite a bit of imagination. Here is the short list:
*They love making a "hat" out of just about anything: blocks, pots, napkins, and most unfotunately, quesadillas. They place the object on their head and proudly exclaim "hat!" The irony is that anytime we put an actual hat on their head, they will take it off and throw it on the ground. So these days I just strap a quesadilla to their heads anytime we go out to play.
*They now understand what to do with a phone. They will pick it up, bring it to their ear and say "hi". The phone is often upside down and the conversations are short. It usually consists of the aforementioned "hi" with "bye-bye" quickly following. Then the phone is thrown on the ground. Apparently they believe they are talking to their hats. One day when I was out (yes, I do go out sometimes - this time it was a super-fun trip to the doctor) I called and my mom put them on the phone. Lucas said "Hi Mama!" I excitedly shared this with everyone in the waiting room. I'm serious - I am now one of those people who flaunts my child's accomplishments. I'll be ordering my bumper stickers when I finish this blog entry.
*They love to sing and dance. We have Latin and African CDs that we play in the car. Ethan knows from the first chord when the Spanish "Ay, yi, yi, yi" song comes on and he sings right along. We have a couple of Swahili songs down as well. I saw "Dreamgirls" the other night, and have been singing a song that has the lyrics "Oh, no no no" in it around the house since. Now the boys sit in their high chairs and sing along with me when I'm getting a meal together. Yep, the traditional American family - Mom and her boys singing showtunes together. The dancing is also a blast. Lucas tends to use his whole body while Ethan is purely a headbanger.
More stories coming soon!
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment