Just when I thought I couldn't take it anymore, we had a great day today! First we went to our friend Sue's house to play with our friends Emilie and Nicolas. We had a great time playing in the fort they had set up. Then we went home for the Friday nap. The Friday nap has been very difficult in our house over the last few months. You see, Friday is garbage day. Ethan, although fascinated by trucks in general, gets very upset when the recycling and garbage trucks disturb his sleep. By "very upset," I mean VERY UPSET. He wakes up screaming and naptime is over for him, his rudely awakened brother, and any other poor napper within earshot of our home. I have a strategy for dealing with Fridays, however. I wait until the recycling truck comes and goes and then put them down to nap immediately. Then I just keep my fingers crossed that the garbage truck doesn't come for at least a couple of hours. Quite a strategy, huh?
Today the recycling truck came while we were gone and I got them to sleep as soon as I could when we got home. An hour later the garbage truck came. I cringed when I heard it, preparing for the worst, Ethan did wake up and I heard a faint "mama." Then nothing! Both he and Lucas took great naps and were nothing but a pleasure the rest of the day. I was one happy momma! In fact, we had one of my favorite evenings yet. I loved the fort idea that Sue had, so I built one for the boys under the dining room table. We named it "Fort Stink" because Lucas christened it by tooting loudly the first time we all sat in it together. Anyway, after dinner Noah and the boys played in the fort together while I cleaned the kitchen. There was something so perfect about hearing the laughter of all my guys together in the next room. I am so glad that my boys have a father who will hide out with them in a fort, laughing and enjoying their company. It was one of those things I had always imagined, and I feel so grateful to have those moments become reality. So all in all, this was a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment