Monday, November 29, 2010

Boys Will Be Boys

Today was a day spent at home, just me and the boys. However, I use the term "me" loosely. I more accurately spent the day inhabiting the roles of several boy anti-heroes in order to participate in their imaginative play. I was several shades of bad guy, loser of all sports, and various monsters and aliens running amok. One could get a complex given the number of times I was struck by light sabers, restrained, chased and defeated.

However, at bedtime, as my little saviors of the world were tucked under their warm covers, I transformed into Mom once again. Ethan gave me a big hug and told me, "Anytime you have to go you can think back to all my hugs. That way you'll always have hugs." Followed by, "You know what I love more than my toys? You and Daddy." High praise indeed.

As I tucked Lucas in, he de-thumbed long enough to ask for hugs - twice - and looked me in the eye while giving me the sweetest "I love you, Mom." I closed the door to two content smiles, eyes sparkling with love.

Not a bad way for the master of doom to end her day.

1 comment:

Mollie said...

What a good Mom you are! I love this snippet of your life with your boys. Total sweetness-after you were master (mistress?) of doom!