Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Summer of Love

This summer the boys and I were home together with our only scheduled activity being swimming class twice a week.  It would have been understandable if the three of us found ourselves a little tired of each other from time to time, but I can honestly say that never happened.  We loved our days together and our evenings and weekends with Daddy.  We had the most amazing time this summer, filled with love, laughter and adventure!

P1000265

P1000233

When the summer started, I had come up with lots of ideas for lesson plans to keep the kids busy – we learned about France, Transportation, Insects, Reading, The Solar System, Money, Machines, and Plants, among other things. 

P1000561

Although planned activities were fun, we had our best times just playing around the house and exploring cool places in San Diego   We had a lot of play dates and park dates, enjoying the company of kid and mommy friends alike.

Our imaginations were in full force, allowing us to be pirates and robots, among other things.

P1000649

Our neighborhood had concerts in the park, allowing the boys to get their groove on a number of times this summer.

 

Ultimately, this really was a summer of love – I loved spending time with my boys, and they loved spending time with each other.  They played wonderfully together every day – making up games and projects with their cars, stuffed animals and outdoor toys.  They hugged each other incessantly and truly became each other’s best friend.

P1000823

P1000975

I was treated to tons of hugs and zerberts, which thrilled me to no end.  So much laughter and happiness this summer – I wished it would never end!

image

No comments: