Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One of Those Moments

Today I took the boys to school and Lucas was having a hard time letting me leave. His arm was sore from yesterday's vaccines and he was needing a little extra comfort. I stayed for a while, trying to get him engaged in activities that would keep him from focusing on his discomfort. The whole time Ethan was watching Lucas and trying to distract him as well. When I finally prepared to leave, Lucas became sad and said he wanted to stay with me. Ethan leaned in close to his brother and said, "I'll stay with you all the time Lukey. You'll never have to be alone."

I believe this is true - today and for always. I am so thankful for the blessing of twins.

2 comments:

Janice said...

Oh, my. I love the sweetness between them...often punctuated by the fighting and bickering, but it is that love, those moments, where you realize how special their bond is. sigh.

Lindsay said...

That brings tears to my eyes... how lucky are we to have twins???? And, most importantly - how lucky are they to have each other!