My brother is moving to Denver on Monday. We just returned from his going away party, which was attended by many of Tim’s friends and co-workers who will certainly miss him. However, I don’t think anyone will miss seeing him more than his nephews. Ethan summed it up pretty well this afternoon when I told him we were going to Uncle Tim’s going away party. He asked what a going away party was and I told him it is a chance for lots of people who care about someone to say goodbye before that person moves away. He thought for a moment and said “I wish it was a coming back party.”
Uncle Tim has been an important part of the boys’ life since the night they were born. When the boys arrived early and unexpectedly, uncle Tim was at the hospital in time to be one of the first to hold them.
He bonded with them from the start – feeding them, holding them, playing with them.
When my postpartum depression hit, he was part of the essential crew that made sure I was never alone and that the babies got plenty of cuddles and care. Tim was incredibly sensitive and encouraging to me at that time – something I will never forget. I am excited for all the people who are going to benefit from his sensitive, compassionate soul as he pursues his new career as a school counselor. I know firsthand how Tim can make someone’s life better.
As the boys grew older, their bond with Uncle Tim deepened. They LOVED his visits and shared special times with him:
Watching the NBA draft:
Watching the Vikings:
Watching the Chargers:
Sense a theme?
Uncle Tim has a knack for buying some of the greatest gifts – our first monster trucks, our only hot wheels zambonis (who even knew they made zambonis?), and our beloved Thomas couch.
And who can forget their Winnie the Pooh piano:
This summer, Uncle Tim accompanied us to the boys’ first baseball game:
Most importantly, Uncle Tim has been around for innumerable hugs and cuddles:
It has been wonderful having Uncle Tim so close by during these early years. And although the visits will be less frequent now, they will still bring us great excitement and joy. I am so glad that my boys will have these wonderful memories of Uncle TIm while he lived here in San Diego, and I am equally glad that he is off pursuing his dreams and starting a new adventure. He is a great example to my boys of hard work, perseverance, risk-taking and independence. I am so proud to have him as a brother and couldn’t be more thrilled for my boys to experience the wonderful gift of such a loving Uncle.
We’ll miss you Uncle Tim, but we can’t wait to hear about all your new adventures. We love you!!
4 comments:
I love you guys and I can't wait to see you at Christmas time!
Best of everything to you, Tim! How fortunate you are to be able to follow your dream.
Tim, I am so excited for you! It is also no surprise to me that you are a fantastic uncle. Good luck -- I know you will be fantastic!
Beautiful and true-Mom
Post a Comment