Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Why There Is Nothing Better Than Two At Two - The First Installment




I know things are going to get even better, but man, I am really loving this age right now. Here are some things I don't want to forget about my little two year olds:

Lucas still can't say the letter "r". It comes out as a "w", giving us "dwiving my twuck", "twain", and "I'm TWYING!" He also pronounces "l" like "y", which gives us "yincoln yimo" (Lincoln Limo) and of course, his name, "YUCAS!". In addition, he doesn't pronounce the "s" at the beginning of a word, thus, "Tew me a tory," and "twinkle, twinkle, yitto tawr." Awesome.

Ethan loves to run and propels himself with only his right arm, pumping fiercely as he goes.

When Daddy asks them how their day was, Lucas will answer "goot" and Ethan answers "very fine."

Ethan calls Lucas "Lukey" just like we do.

Whenever they are naked, they feel compelled to run, laugh and scream.

One of their favorite games is to go to the other end of the hall from me and just run full speed into my arms for a hug, laughing up a storm, or "torm."

They love holding hands - mine, Noah's or especially each other's.

Ethan loves to point out how everone is feeling. He'll let me know if he is sad, or if Lucas is sad. Then I am updated when someone is just feeling "a little sad." Finally, he reports when someone is finally feeling "happy now!"

There are these incredbile moments when one of them will just look at me and say "I love you," totally unprompted. That is the best - just freeze time right then.

To be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can believe it it gets better and better. Each installment will have its special moment and I'm so glad that you are noting them. I'm noting my own installments watching my wonderful children enjoying their wonderful children. Thank you for letting me share. GaGa Golden

Megan said...

I think this is one of my favorite posts, Jessica. It paints such a beautiful picture of this moment in time. Isn't it weird to think that if you didn't write the little things down you may forget them? How could that be?

Ryan does the same thing with leaving off the "s" at the beginning of a word -- last night he asked if Daddy wanted more "parkling water"? These little boys just make my heart melt.