Monday, September 22, 2008

Our Little Hemingway

This morning Ethan and I were cuddling in bed and totally unprompted he began to tell me a story. This is the first time he made one up on his own, with a beginning, middle and an end. It went exactly like this:

Once upon a time there was a car. It had broken wheels and could not vroom. A dragon came and fixed the wheels. Then the car vroomed. The End.


I made be biased, but I think it is brilliant. It had characters, a conflict, suspense, and a great payoff at the end. I can't wait for the sequel!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but feel like this story leaves me wanting more, which is what a good story should do. For example, where did the dragon come from? Where did he go? Does he have his own shop? Does he fix imports, or only domestic vehicles? Does he have a website? I look forward to reading all about it in Dragon Mechanic: Fire in the Belly.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Claire. I've been looking for a good trustworthy mechanic for years and would like to know more.
How much does he charge for an oil change?