Lucas had a lot of trouble napping during his first nine months. We tried everything we could think of to make a nap a good experience for him: stuffed toys, music, white noise, blankets, and more. Finally I literally gave him the shirt off my back one day and he went down like a dream. Since that day, "shirt" has been his best buddy. He sleeps with it, cuddles with it, carries it around anytime he needs comfort. It is blue and I used to enjoy wearing it - it brought out my eyes. But what I won't do for my boys. :)
Friday, June 29, 2007
Our Best Friends
Each of the boys has become quite attached to a "lovie", as they are called. We received a gift when the kids were born of a pair of adorable stuffed puppies that play music when you pull their tails. Lucas never cared for them, but Ethan adores them. So we keep one in the house and one in the car. Thus, Ethan has "puppy" and "travel puppy". He calls them "appy". It is so cute to check on him in his crib and see him hugging "appy" close in his sleep.

Lucas had a lot of trouble napping during his first nine months. We tried everything we could think of to make a nap a good experience for him: stuffed toys, music, white noise, blankets, and more. Finally I literally gave him the shirt off my back one day and he went down like a dream. Since that day, "shirt" has been his best buddy. He sleeps with it, cuddles with it, carries it around anytime he needs comfort. It is blue and I used to enjoy wearing it - it brought out my eyes. But what I won't do for my boys. :)
Lucas had a lot of trouble napping during his first nine months. We tried everything we could think of to make a nap a good experience for him: stuffed toys, music, white noise, blankets, and more. Finally I literally gave him the shirt off my back one day and he went down like a dream. Since that day, "shirt" has been his best buddy. He sleeps with it, cuddles with it, carries it around anytime he needs comfort. It is blue and I used to enjoy wearing it - it brought out my eyes. But what I won't do for my boys. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment