Lucas only has four teeth, but they are doing some serious damage around here. Oh sure, he's doing a great job eating with them and brushing them, but his more recent discovery has led me to purchase "Teeth Are Not For Biting" on Amazon, and pay for expedited shipping. Yep, we have a biter. Lucas can have quite a temper, and there are many situations that arise in our household that can make a one year old very angry. When his brother takes his toy, gets in his way, or generally does not bow to Lucas's will, he lets out a yell and lays into Ethan's arm. Ethan (and his parents) are not very happy about this.
What to do? I put into practice some of my best parenting skills, but to no avail. As the week has continued, Ethan has become quite tired of being a human chew toy. I briefly considered spraying Ethan with Bitter Apple, the stuff that is supposed to keep dogs from chewing furniture, but decided against it. Instead, I was given a golden opportunity to employ some discipline at the grocery store. The boys were riding in a fun little two-seater car attached to the front of the grocery cart. Some disagreement over whether to stop for directions resulted in Lucas biting Ethan. I took Lucas out of the car and told him "NO BITE!" He threw a huge tantrum to get back into the car, but was denied. We then went home and he took a three hour nap. He hasn't bit Ethan since! So either my brilliant parenting or a good nap saved the day. But in case that is not the end of Count Lucula's reign of terror, I will anxiously await my delivery from Amazon.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! Babies are more like puppies than I thought. And, we have the book "Hands are not for Hitting" here at work if you ever need to borrow that one. Hang in there, Mom!
We actually got that one as well - they came as a set!
Post a Comment