What an amazing day! I could not be happier to have spent time with my own wonderful mother, the wonderful mothers I have become related to through marriage, and my own wonderful little family. I truly need nothing more than to have a day surrounded by these amazing people to feel immeasurably blessed.
Yet my sweet babies treated me to the most special of moments this evening. You see, my babies aren't really babies anymore. It has been quite a while since they have asked to be rocked or sung to, but tonight, they did. I had the perfect bliss of sitting with my two little guys on my lap, while I rocked them and listened to the same music we used to listen to when they were babies being rocked to sleep. Every cell in my body was filled with love, nostalgia, gratitude and peace. And when my sweet Ethan whispered "Happy Mother's Day," I breathed the deepest breath of satisfaction I could know.
What a lucky, lucky woman I am. I thank God for every moment since these boys came into my life and made me a mother.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment