Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall!

I love fall! Even though San Diego lacks the requisite fall colors and crisp air, I still get in the spirit. I mean, what's not to love? Football, pumpkin patches, pumpkin pie, Halloween. Sign me up!

So the fall festivities began in earnest this weekend. We made our annual trip to the Twins Club Fall Party, ready to terrorize the place as only twin dinosaurs can do.



This party is a blast, with tons of kids dressed up and enjoying the pumpkin patch. We were so glad to see our buddies Lucie and Ryan there and enjoyed a long and rather hazardous foray into the bounce house with them.



Otherwise, we visited our old favorites - the car ride, the big slides, and the spinning cups.

The boys picked out their pumpkins and decorated them in the least messy way I could manage. They both wanted "silly" pumpkins and I think they did a great job!




Today was a nerve-wracking Vikings win. Another sign of fall the boys will have to get used to - their mother yelling near-obscenities at the TV while the Vikings almost blow a big lead. Ah, reminds me of MY childhood.

Tonight was another great family fall tradition - baking pumpkin pie with the boys. We all just love it and it is so fun to bake together. We then enjoyed it on the couch while snuggling under a cozy blanket watching what the boys call a "movie night."

There is just no better time to be a family than fall.

1 comment:

Claire Mock said...

As if we're supposed to believe you kept it limited to "near obscenities." Ha!