Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day 2008

About a week ago, I asked Noah what he wanted to do for Father's Day. He said he'd have to think about it and I assured him that he was free to take time for himself, to relax or be with friends. He looked at me like I was nuts and said of course he would want to spend the day with us. Silly me. Who wouldn't want to spend a beautiful Sunday wrestling through diaper changes with Lucas or running to grab Ethan before he climbs on top of the computer desk...again. But that is Noah. And that is why we celebrate how awesome he is.

So, in lieu of some well-deserved time to himself, he led us to Sea World for a morning of fun in the Bay of Play. All I can say is that I am a big fan of Father's Day, as it reminds me to stop for a moment and really watch my amazing husband with our two amazing kids. He spent the day jumping, spinning, climbing with our guys, and it was sometimes hard to tell who was the kid. His genuine enjoyment of time with his family is such a gift to all of us. What's even better is that he considers it the best Father's Day gift for him as well. Which is good, since I didn't have time to go shopping...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessica, you look very fit in that picture! Have you been working out?

Noah, don't worry -- you look hot too. :-)