I don't spend a lot of time thinking about how I will parent these boys when they are teenagers, as navigating toddlerhood currently consumes most of my energy, creativity, patience and general brain function. However, I have had one idea for quite some time. I figured that if all good parenting fails, I can try to keep my teenage boys in line using blackmail. All I would need was the presence of mind to take very embarrassing pictures of them as toddlers. Then I would threaten my disobedient teenager with the mass publication of these photos among his peers if he didn't bend to my will.
Part one of my plan was accomplished today.
Things began innocently enough. We played dress-up with Daddy's clothes, pretending that we were heading for the office. They were pretty cute in shirts and ties:

Then Lucas asked to dress in Mommy's clothes. That was my golden opportunity! I added accessories and we were in business. So behold - the blackmail pictures: (you can click on them to see them full-screen)


2 comments:
I highly recommend you not dress them like that when they come out to Texas. Not even in Austin. Although if you add a cowboy hat they may be okay.
Fantastic blackmail idea! Unless, of course, they decide to use the photos as glossies when they try out for the 2030 revival of "La Cage Aux Folles".
Great hats, by the way! :-)
Post a Comment